Self Tan For Beginners With St. Tropez
When you are thinking about tanning for the first time, it can be quite daunting – looking for the perfect self-tan, wondering if the colour is going to be right or if its going to give you even coverage.
Well you’ve arrived at the right place, because I'm here to tell you all about St.Tropez best self-tan for beginners and give you their tips on a beginners guide to tanning.
The best self-tan for beginners
1. The classic option – Classic Mousse is perfect for those who are nervous about tanning, it’s a lightweight easy-to-blend formula. Includes a tint to guide application and it adapts to your skin tone for a natural finish every time.
Apply with a mitt and leave on to develop for 4-8hours before washing off. Lasts for up to 10 days!
2. The no rinse option – if you’re concerned about leaving your wash off tan on for too long, the Purity Bronzing Water Mousse is a clear and lightweight formula that doesn’t need washing off and will not transfer onto clothes.
Apply with a mitt and allow to develop over the next 4-8 hours and don’t worry it will naturally adapt to your skin tone!
3. The gradual option – perfect for every tanning newbie, the Gradual Tan Body Lotion is a great way to slowly build and control the depth of your tan.
Massage into skin everyday to start building your desired golden glow. Remember to wash your hands after every application.
4. The mist option – if it’s an uneven finish you’re worried about, try using a mist. All St.Tropez mists distribute evenly and create a powder soft finish. Self-Tan Purity Bronzing Water Mist is a clear, easy-to-use, light weight tanner.
No need to rinse, just simply spritz and glow!
5. The risk-free option – the safest, quickest and easiest way to get a faux glow is with the Instant Tan Range. These bronzing lotions act like body makeup, delivering a natural glow that lasts only 24hrs.
Perfect for if you want to try our your self tan look, before committing fully.
10 self-tan tips for beginners
If you’re worried about not getting a flawless result, don’t worry! We have you covered - St.Tropez have shared their best 10 fool-proof self-tan tips for beginners.
1. Exfoliate 24 hours before – this will remover any dead skin cells and create the perfect base for your tan application. Tan Enhancing Body Polish helps to even out kin tone and create a soft, smooth canvas. (pay extra attention to very dry areas like feet, ankles, elbows and knees.)
2. Remove hair 24 hours before – if you choose to remove your body hair, it is very important it’s done 24hrs before, otherwise self-tanners are likely to sink into those loosened pores, creating dark spots.
3. Avoid deodorants and perfume – they can create a sticky layer on the skins surface and stop the tan from sticking to the skin. They can also turn some self-tans green. It’s best to just avoid them all together.
4. Choose the right tan for you! ( listed above)
5. Moisturise just before tanning – self-tan can cling to dry areas, so make sure your skin is well hydrated. Use a moisturiser everyday in the week leading up to tan application. Moisturise feet, elbows, knees and ankles 2 to 3 hours before tanning. Tan Enhancing Body Moisturiser leaves your skin feeling velvety soft and smooth.
6. Always use a mitt – for a flawless streak-free tan and stain-free hands, always apply tan with an applicator mitt. Dual Sided Velvet Luxe Mitt will evenly distribute tan, ensuring a flawless finish every time.
7. Allow your tan to dry – (If you’ve chosen a gradual or no-rinse tanner, skip over this tip.) Allow your tan to dry fully before getting dressed, and when you do get dressed opt for something loose and dark. You don’t want clothing rubbing against your skin or showing any marks.
8. Wash off your tan in cool water – if you opt for a wash off tan, allow it to develop 4-8hours. Then, wash off with slightly cooler water than normal, don’t use scrubs or soaps as these can fade tan. Simply rinse, till the water runs clear.
9. Maintain your tan – know you have a beautiful bronzed glow, you must keep it even and long lasting. Gently exfoliate every 2 or 3 days and moisturise often with an oil-free moisturiser. This will help your tan to last up to 10 days!
10. Remove all traces of tan – before re-applying you must prime the skin by removing all traces of tan. The quickest and easiest way to do this is with the Tan Remover Mousse, to effectively get rid of all traces of even the darkest tan, in minutes. Apply it generously to clean, dry skin and massage it in. Then, leave it on for 5 minutes and rinse off with warm water while scrubbing with a Tan Remover Mitt.
Follow these 10 best self-tan tips for beginners and you’ll achieve a flawless golden finish on your first time tanning. All products listed are available to shop below.
Everyday Gradual Tan Body Lotion Medium To Dark 200ml
This Medium to Dark gradual tan lotion is ultra hydrating and gradually builds as you reapply.
Velvet Luxe Tan Applicator Mitt
A dual sided tanning mitt, essential for a flawless, streak free tan every time in minutes.
Tan Enhancing Body Moisturiser 200ml
Maintain your golden glow with this tan enhancing moisturiser. Your tan will last longer and fade evenly when applied daily.
Tan Enhancing Body Polish 200ml
Every tan should begin with a blank canvas. So prepare your skin with this enhancing body polish.
Tan Build Up Remover Mitt
Remove any tan build up effortlessly with this specially designed mitt by buffing away dry skin.
Tan Remover Mousse 200ml
Immediately corrects tanning mistakes from day 1 to 5. Detox and prime your body, for another sunkissed glow.