New! Dermalogica PreCleanse Balm
You can read this blog to get all the information you need about the new Dermalogica PreCleanse Balm. How to apply, ingredients, details and many more.
Most people still only spend about 20 seconds washing their faces - much less than the time they spend doing their hair or make-up. Those 20 seconds with standard face washes or make-up removal wipes are not enough to penetrate the layer of sebum, pollutants and cosmetic debris that coat the skin's surface. In most cases, the layer remains on the skin, preventing moisturisers and other skin care products from doing their work while dulling the skin's appearance and contributing to congestion.
This lack of sufficient cleansing is what inspired the development of Dermalogica's top-selling PreCleanse oil cleanser and Double Cleanse technique. Drawing on the success and legacy of PreCleanse, NEW PreCleanse Balm gives clients more options to remove stubborn make-up and achieve a professional level of clean on a daily basis.
Why do you need it?
You may know to cleanse your skin daily, but you may not realise that a single cleanse with a surfactant-based cleanser still leaves behind excess sebum, sunscreen, waterproof make-up and pollutants.
What it is and how it works
A water-activated, balm-to-oil version of our top- selling PreCleanse oil cleanser.
Add water to transform this hydrophilic (water loving) formula into a milky emulsion that deconstructs excess sebum, pollutants and residual product build up, allowing them to easily rinse away from the skin's surface.
All skin conditions, especially dry.
- Squeeze tube to dispense product onto cleansing mitt or directly to dry palm of hand.
- Massage product into dry skin using circular motions.
- Add water to emulsify.
- Rinse and follow with recommended Dermalogica Cleanser to complete the Dermalogica Double Cleanse.
INCLUDES CLEANSING MITT!
- This double-sided, ergonomically- designed applicator helps you to get a more effective cleanse.
- One side has smaller, shorter bristles and the other side has larger, thicker bristles to help customise the cleansing experience.
- Mitt fits over tube for easy drying and storage.
- Gently removes oily build up from the skin's surface.
- Dissolves build up without compromising the skin barrier or clogging pores.
- Fortified with conditioning essential fatty acids to help smooth, calm and nourish skin.
- Comes with a soft-touch, double-sided mitt applicator and exfoliator to help ensure a more thorough, professional level of clean.
- Apricot (Prunus Armeniaca) Kernel Oil - tones, firms and maintains moisture balance.
- Natural Biolipid Complex - helps reinforce the skin's barrier function while decreasing trans epidermal water loss (TEWL) to persevere skin hydration.
- Lavandula Angustifolia and Lavandula Hybrid (Lavender) Oils, Citrus Aurantium (Bitter Orange) Oil, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Oil, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Oil, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus (lemongrass) Oil and Eucalyptus Staigeriana (Lemon Ironbark) Oil - This invigorating combination of essential oils refreshes the sense and helps deliver the sate of clean that is traditionally experienced in the professional treatment room.
Frequently asked questions
What's the difference between PreCleanse and the NEW! PreCleanse Balm?
There are a few different ingredients in PreCleanse balm that make it ideal for normal to dry skin whereas PreCleanse is ideal for normal to oily. NEW PreCleanse Balm is also great for travel due to its solid form, and comes with a double-sided, soft touch, cleansing and exfoliating mitt for application.
Do You need to use PreCleanse Balm with the mitt?
No, but the mitt is recommended for a more thorough and professional cleaning experience. It also helps smooth skin texture by providing mild exfoliation.
Can PreCleanse Balm be used on the eyes to remove stubborn eye make-up?
Yes. Keep eyes closed during use. For those of you with Eyelash Extensions, we recommend oil-free make-up remover instead.
Can PreCleanse Balm be used alone or must it always be part of the Double Cleanse?
PreCleanse Balm may be used alone to remove build-up, provided it is thoroughly wiped or rinse away. However, we always recommend following with a prescribed Dermalogica Cleanser to help ensure that traces of PreCleanse and remaining debris have been removed.
Dermalogica Precleanse Balm 90ml
The first step in your double cleanse routine, effortlessly melts away makeup, pollution and impurities, giving you a healthier looking skin.
Dermalogica Precleanse Balm Travel Size 15ml
Never miss the first step in your cleansing routine with Dermalogica Precleanse Balm travel size, enabling you to have clean skin wherever you maybe.