How To Prevent Getting A Turkey Neck!
The most frequently asked question and the most searched on Google, is how to prevent yourself from getting a ‘turkey neck’.
There is nothing that betrays a woman's age more quickly than a wrinkly, sagging neck. The neck is a very delicate area and does develop wrinkles faster than the face, yet is often left out of beauty regimes.
It is extremely important and something here at John And Ginger we cannot stress more about, and that it is very important when applying your face creams, serums etc to apply to the neck area.
The three main causes of Turkey Neck
Skin Elasticity – As we age our bodies lose their natural ability to repair and rejuvenate. One of the first components that begins to suffer is collagen. Collagen is the wrinkle-preventing protein that naturally occurs in our bodies keeping skin plump and youthful.
Overtime collagen production begins to slow down and the existing collagen is more susceptible to breakdown due to, lack of vitamins and minerals, UV rays and a build up of free radicals in the skin.
Muscle Tightness - The muscles that support your neck can weaken with lack of use or just the passage of time. As these muscles weaken, they are less and less able to support the skin to which they are attached. This means that your skin won’t be pulled back into place as willingly as it was before. Your muscles may not feel any different, but the visible results is sagging skin.
Neck Fat - Some people just naturally carry extra fat under their chin and along their neck. This excess fat can cause your skin to stretch and result in the folds that resemble the Turkey’s Wattle. A healthy diet, exercise, and slowly losing weight can help decrease these fat deposits and tighten the skin on your neck.
How to get rid of Turkey Neck
- Exercise - Doing simple neck movements such as chewing, complete 20 chews once a week to strengthen the muscles of the neck as if you were chewing a piece of gum. Lie down on your back and slightly raising your neck and head away from the floor, turn your head slowly to the right, centre, to the left and back to the centre again, complete 10 or more once a week. Simple exercises like these work to strengthen the underlying muscles of your neck.
- Creams and Serums - Will hydrate and rejuvenate the surface skin of your neck.
- At home treatments – Beauty devices is another way to help prevent sagging skin, and helps to really penetrate creams, serums, cleansers deep into the skin.
- Healthy lifestyle – Including vitamins and minerals more into your diet, really helps to boost collagen production.
Products/devices we recommend here at John And Ginger.
- Dr Dennis Gross Fortifying Neck Emulsion – Aims to restore firmness and improve the appearance of your skin on your neck and chest area. A silky, hydrating treatment that addresses signs of ageing while protecting against future damage.
- Dr Dennis Gross Anti-Ageing Moisturiser - Gives you a smoother more even toned and more youthful complexion. Helping to counteract the visible signs of ageing and restore elasticity to sagging skin due to its breakthrough combination of Ferulic Acid and Retinol.
- Dermalogica Rapid Reveal Peel - An at home professional grade peel to kick start cell turnover. Targeting skin with premature signs of skin ageing such as dehydration, hyper-pigmentation, fine lines or wrinkles.
- Crystal Clear The Wand - Clinically proven to reduce fine lines and wrinkles by 27% and firm the skin by 45% after 8 weeks of daily use. delivered by using two sonic powered wands, that when rolled over the skin stimulates the collagen to produce a quick hydration boost.
- PureLogicol Collagen Peptide Skin Supplement - Visibly reduces fine lines and wrinkles. Improving the skin's moisture and elasticity. Around 15% of the collagen peptide chains are absorbed by the body, helping stimulate collagen production.
Crystal Clear Skincare The Wand For The Chopstick Facial
This wand acts like a gym workout for your facial muscles, reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles for an instantly fresh, smooth and radiant skin.
Dr Dennis Gross Ferulic And Retinol Anti Ageing Moisturiser 50ml
A triple corrective anti ageing moisturiser for a more even toned smoother more youthful complexion.
PureLogicol Collagen Peptide Skin Supplement 90 Caps
This unique collagen boosting supplement, helps combat the visible signs of ageing from within.
90 caps for 1 month supply.
Dermalogica Rapid Reveal Peel 30ml
It's time to reveal your most radiant skin with the next level of at home exfoliation.
Dr Dennis Gross Ferulic And Retinol Fortifying Neck Emulsion 50ml
This targeted neck serum aims to restore firmness and improve the appearance of your skin on your neck and chest area.
PureLogicol Collagen Peptide Skin Supplement Super Size 270 Caps
PureLogicol Collagen Peptide Skin Supplement Super Size 270 Caps helps combat the visible signs of ageing from within.
270 caps for 3 month supply.