How To Curl Hair With Straighteners
According to Google the most searched Hair Question this year was to learn how to curl your hair with straighteners. But isn’t the clue in the name? Actually your straighteners are more versatile than you think. As well as straightening the hair, they can also be used to create all different kinds of waves and curls on all hair types!
Loreal Professionnel Steampod 3.0
Where traditional straighteners use heated ceramic plates to force the hair straight, the Steampod 3.0 by Loreal Professionnel uses steam. Creating hair twice as smooth in half the time, as a regular hair straightener. Features a 360 degrees rotating cord, making it really easy to get creative with curls.
The golden rules on how to curl your hair with straighteners:
- Rule 1 - Section your hair and pin back the top pieces, start curling on the lower sections, underneath the ear and behind the temple is a good place to start.
- Rule 2 - When using a Steampod hair straightener, check for the arrows on the tool. These should always be pointing towards the ends of the hair when you style.
- Rule 3 - Apply heat protection to the hair, Steampod Milk for fine to normal hair types or Steampod Smoothing Cream for thick hair types. Then fully blow-dry before using your straighteners.
- Rule 4 - Using a serum on the lengths and ends will give your hairstyle extra protection and a beautiful shiny finish.
Three Curly hairstyles using the Steampod 3.0 hair straightener:
Hair Preparation: Apply heat protection to the lengths and ends on damp hair, then blow-dry fully and brush out any tangles.
Smooth unruly hair – Hollywood waves.
These Hollywood waves are easy to achieve, even on thick, unruly hair types.
- Turn your Steampod to 210 degrees. Once heated start close to the roots at the front, roll a 5cm section of hair around the Steampod, away from face.
- After a second or two, release the hair from the Steampod and twist around the index finger before letting it drop. Repeat throughout the hair.
- Take the Steampod Serum, rub a drop or two between your palms, then cup and squeeze the ends of the hair in your hand for a boost of shine.
Curls for fine hair - S-Waves.
Get curls using a straightener on fine hair types.
- Turn your Steampod to 180 degrees. Once heated, start at the front and place a 1cm-wide section of hair in the tool and curl back and away from the face.
- Repeat across the head, using your finger to twist the curl before leaving it to drop and cool.
- Take a wide-toothed comb and using zig-zagging motions, separate the curls. Apply a drop of serum to your fingertips and pull through the lengths and ends, focusing on the front sections and ends.
Curls for straight hair 2-Waves.
Create definition and texture for naturally straight hair.
- Turn the Steampod to 200 degrees and wait until the number stops flashing. Starting at the sides at the front, twist a 3cm section and let drop.
- With your next section, just above the first, hold the hair in the Steampod horizontally and turn your wrist to alternating angles as you move down the hair to create an almost crimped effect.
- Alternate regular curls with the crimping technique as you move from section to section across the hair. Run the serum through the hair with your fingertips to loosen the waves and give then defined shine.
Video tutorials are available over on our YouTube or Social Media.
Loreal Professionnel Steampod 3
Use on any hair type to create a variety of styles from ultra sleek to tousled waves, quickly with long lasting results.
Loreal Professionnel Steampod Smoothing Serum 50ml
This heat protective concentrate is designed to be used with the Steampod Vapor Hair Straightener, to protect hair that is regularly styled with heat.
Loreal Professionnel Steampod Smoothing Cream 150ml
Designed to be used in conjunction with the innovative Steampod hair styler, to deliver a protective shield to leave hair smooth, soft and frizz free.